Saturday, October 22, 2011

How Do I Start.....and End.


"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."
-Georgia O'Keefe


It starts with my 36x25 blank canvass...and blank idea.  It took me a while to think of  my subject.  What do I love to paint???

September 4, 2010


Mama's garden is a place to look for subjects.  One in bloom is the Vanda Orchid.  
  Sketching done...


 






I paint the background first because it has less details.














Almost done with my background, so excited to start on my subject.











Almost.....

















It took me almost two hours from sketching up to this point (including TV breaks).


















At last! The challenging part...
















On to my fourth hour...I have to rest and recharge. Saving the best for last. 
















I use colors that I like, and I see to it that it is in harmony with the colors next to the subject.








At this point, I step back and get out of the way.  As what they say,
 "let the paint be paint!"




No comments:

Post a Comment